LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help on fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help on fuel issue

Ok well i FINALLY got my car working again after my fuel pressure regulator went out and poured fuel into the engine so much that it locked up. anyways thats over and its working again however i have a problem

I had to change out the injectors as a precaution as we were not sure if the one on the car would be ok or if they too were worthless now. So anyways I put on my 36lb injectors i bought a while back for my rebuild (sigh... that never happened BTW). It now runs SUPER rich.

So i busted out the ole tunercats and changed it to run on 35.99lb injectors instead of 24.5 (or was it 24.9...i dont remember). anyways it fixed a lot of it and doesnt smoke but i lost a TON of power and acceleration.

Ok now gets to my point. is there anything I can do to get at least it to run normal? Anything in programming at least. I have thought about putting the old injectors back in but not sure if that is wise as could break the car again which I wouldnt be able to fix again ($$).

any ideas?

UPDATE: Im throwing a P0174 System Too Lean (Bank 2) code....WHAT!?! thats impossible as its running rich not lean with extra gas coming out the back..how is this possible.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

no one?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Teching In

to the top...TTT

Quick Reply: need help on fuel issue