LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Firehawk got smashed now I need a hood :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Firehawk got smashed now I need a hood :(

Well guys I've run into some hard times. About a month ago my 93 firehawk was injured. Some douchebag was trying to leave my friends house and he reversed his 02 galant right into the front drivers side of my car. I about killed the guy but his insurance company just told me that they sent out a nice check to me to repair my car. The only problem is, I can't seem to find an original firehawk hood anywhere. Hell I can't seem to find a reproduction of the firehawk hood even. I have found several companies that sell ws6 reproduction hoods but I'd really like to keep it original. Does anyone know of a place I might be able to find one? If I can't get one then I might settle for a factory ws6 hood for now unless I get a good deal on a decent fitting aftermarket ws6 hood. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.s.
I haven't seen an original firehawk hood on ebay in like a year
Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yah good luck finding anything...they are def few and far between...my hood has a crack in the fiberglass in the corner that i'm really hoping I can repair simply because i know how hard it is going to be to find one.

keep an eye on the for sale section of firehawk.org and you might get lucky
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sux. Hope you find one man.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck, I bought a SLP Firehawk hood for mine two years ago, paid $500, then another $250 to paint it red on both sides, hood came with the air box. The WS6store ram air hood is similar to the Hawk, closest I have seen. I like the originals because they fit really well.

ws6store hood

Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I know this is an uphill battle, if I end up with an aftermarket hood I'm gonna have to make sure it fits like a stocker. I hate seeing cars with some corners of the hood to high and the others way low. I thought a while back I saw a company that was on ebay that was selling a hood that was a firehawk replica but was just being sold as a firebird hood with ramair. I'm sure the fitment is gonna be questionable. There plenty of companies selling factory style ws6 hoods on there but...well, I don't know if I would go with any of them
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait, that ws6 store hood is the one I was thinking of. Does anyone know how they fit?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got lucky on my hood, the guy was turning his car in to an all out true 10.5 car, I was buying his black leather seats and asked if he wanted to sell his hood. I have seen plenty of whored out Firehawks and some be parted but the hoods are usally the first to go or damaged/missing.

Quick Reply: Firehawk got smashed now I need a hood :(