LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Patriot Heads....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Heads....?

im in the process of trying to find some heads....i like AI heads but was tryin to weigh out my options. Just ran across Patriot brand heads....anyone know anything about them, the spec'd to be good heads...but as just wondering if anyone is using them and if they are worth it.....Thx
Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're looking at stock castings, no one offers more bang for the buck compared to AI or LE, period.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Teching In

is there much of a cost difference b/w the two? I hear good things about both...
Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

One thing I immediately noticed which I was researching heads a couple of months back was that Patriot heads advertisements don't indicate what aluminum material they are made from. Are we talking re-cycled beer cans?

Dart, for example, states in their ads that their heads are cast from virgin aluminum spec'd to C355 T-61 When I used a Search engine to find out what that spec means I was comforted on the qualities it possesses.

So, for me, that was number one; the material the heads are cast from. I don't feel that flow numbers and titanium retainers matter much if the basic casting is of inferior material.

Are their castings porous? Does it contain undesirable materials (trash) from re-cycled material? Things like that.

i wondered how those heads can be offered for such a lower price. Ever wonder about that? There's GOT to be a reason.

Just things I considered.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

Last edited by JAKEJR; 07-18-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

china is the reason they are cheap.

They do some finish work here to mask the fact they are made in China.

Does not mean the finish work is good though. Google and see what has happened on some other forums, go ahead and read Mustang and Chevelle reviews, don't confine yourself to only looking for LT1 reviews. You want to do some reading.

Quick Reply: Patriot Heads....?