LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bad intake gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bad intake gasket?

what are the symptoms of a bad intake gasket? how hard to fix? would this lose me some power? lol

\thanks guys.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Well what symptoms are you having? What's going on to lead you to believe its a bad intake gasket?

Do you have an oil leak?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

When you have a bad intake gasket or an intake vaccum leak you will have very poor brake response. If you have to pump your brakes to stop it's usually a sign of air in brakes or an intake vaccum leak. Also your A/F mixture will be wrong so ya it will run bad. Sometimes your intake will leak oil depending on where the leak is.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

I've had an oil leak for a couple years, it used to be a few drips then this year it got bad so I had the rear main replaced since a shop told me that was the problem.. but it was the intake manifold so I'm doing it myself now, and cammin it while I'm in there. if you have an oil leak feel around the back of your engine above the trans(wish I did) if theres oil above the tranny its an intake manifold gasket, and if it is you should cam it while your in there too, maybe get some heads if you can afford them too
and if it is your intake mani gasket this is a good read> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4013/ol.html

Quick Reply: bad intake gasket?