LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Victor EFI intake & Elbow. ignition help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victor EFI intake & Elbow. ignition help

Im running the victor efi manifold conversion on my lt1, just wondering if it would be better to run the gen 1 style distributor or stick with the opti? im hoping to throw a supercharger on it sometime soon.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unfaded
Im running the victor efi manifold conversion on my lt1, just wondering if it would be better to run the gen 1 style distributor or stick with the opti? im hoping to throw a supercharger on it sometime soon.
If you are running the Victor-E which is an EFI intake, you will need a computer to run the injectors. If you are keeping the computer and injection, you should keep the opti as well.

You can have the SBC distro hole welded up on that intake.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Depends on how much boost. I am in the process of doing the same thing with the Vic Jr Intake. TEA made a set of heads with the SBC bolt pattern for me.

If you are planning on big boost I would run a Gen 1 distributor or switch a ECM set up from EFI Connection. Using the LS1 ecm. This is what I am doing.

I have had nothing but problems trying to keep the spark lit for the 20 lbs of boost I am running. I have tried a LTCC, Delteq, MSD Opti, Electromotive ignition. The only one to work has been from Electromotive.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Victor EFI intake & Elbow. ignition help