LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MSD box mounting question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD box mounting question

So I think I might have found the best spot ever for my MSD box. My center console is from an 01 Trans Am so this thread might not be of any value to you guys if you dont have this as well. If you do have it, I'm sure youve noticed the gap between the center console and the radio, where the hvac controls usually are in an LS1 car. Is this a saf place to mount an MSD box? I have heard that these can be fairly dangerous if you arent careful around them. I've heard of people mounting them at the back of the passenger foot area, so I would assume that as long as all of the wires are properly tied up (I plan on using a few pieces of heat shrink tubing to keep it clean looking and safe) there wouldnt be a problem with it being in the interior. Also, do these things make any noise? I gues you wont be able to hear it over the exhaust anyway but I'm just curious. Last question, would this interfere with the radio in any way? Maybe because of the high voltage this thing has running through it? I just want to be sure before I make up a custom bracket and go to all of the trouble to make it look nice and then have it not work. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!!