LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Swap ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Swap ????

Ok so I'm in the process of swapping a LT1 out of a 95 TA into my 94 1500 2wd. So about everyone knows the issue with the F bodys a/c comp. hitting the frame. So I had read that I had to either cut and box the frame for clearance or buy vette acc. or aftermarket setup. Today I was told that I could use my orginal setup of the truck if I changed everything on front of the engine, waterpump, crank pully, alt., ps pump and brackets. Can anybody shed some light on this? Hope this is the right Forum. Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

I plan to do this soon as well, but the LT1 has a different water pump, so that does not apply as only the LTX water pumps, will work. And unless there is a way to keep the stock LTX alloy brackets and such, it may not work very well as alignments would be off. The info I have seen shows to use the 92-96 Vette stuff, but since I have not started it yet and I'm not going to be home till a few more weeks, I guess I'll see then. A buddy of mine did this but he went all carb and old style distro on his, No A/C or PS with fabbed Alt brackets. Good Luck!!!

Dub
Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Yeah I had priced the vette stuff and hey its not cheap. I think I will just spend the extra time and fab up a bracket. Thanks and good luck to you !