LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Keeping the Trans Am! Story Inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping the Trans Am! Story Inside

Hey guys,

Well my dad and I went for a spirited ride last night with the t-tops off and he talked to me about why I was selling the car.

He then told me that he would buy it off of me because he refuses to let me sell it and my sick Grandpa down in Arizona told him that he'd turn over in his grave if my dad let me sell it. (Gpa had a 67 Firebird and fell in love with my car)

He wants it to be a project for the both of us to slowly restore the body and give it a fresh coat of paint. He enjoys cruising with me in his 07 Solstice GXP Stage 2.

My dad and grandpa want me to keep the car until I have a son and as a hobby to build the engine and race it with my future son. This means a lot to me.

In the meantime, my dad is investing the money he gave me for the car and the money I save up to buy myself a nice low mileage Black LS3 Z51 C6 when I'm finished up with college as a graduation present. Only 3 years to go!

Just thought I would share with you guys. Thank you for all of the help you guys have been and I look forward to still being on these forums and rockin' the good ole' LT1!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hey guys,

Well my dad and I went for a spirited ride last night with the t-tops off and he talked to me about why I was selling the car.

He then told me that he would buy it off of me because he refuses to let me sell it and my sick Grandpa down in Arizona told him that he'd turn over in his grave if my dad let me sell it. (Gpa had a 67 Firebird and fell in love with my car)

He wants it to be a project for the both of us to slowly restore the body and give it a fresh coat of paint. He enjoys cruising with me in his 07 Solstice GXP Stage 2.

My dad and grandpa want me to keep the car until I have a son and as a hobby to build the engine and race it with my future son. This means a lot to me.

In the meantime, my dad is investing the money he gave me for the car and the money I save up to buy myself a nice low mileage Black LS3 Z51 C6 when I'm finished up with college as a graduation present. Only 3 years to go!

Just thought I would share with you guys. Thank you for all of the help you guys have been and I look forward to still being on these forums and rockin' the good ole' LT1!
I'm glad for you and hate you at the same time - LOL. Wish I could get a C6 but would never work with my family. No room for the wife and car seat.

Glad to hear you're not leavin' the LT1 scene!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAVE00
I'm glad for you and hate you at the same time - LOL. Wish I could get a C6 but would never work with my family. No room for the wife and car seat.

Glad to hear you're not leavin' the LT1 scene!!!!
Thankfully at 20 I don't have to worry about a family too much just yet. Lol hopefully not for awhile atleast! But yeah I drove one and absolutely fell in love with it and when I want something I do what it takes to get it haha
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hey guys,

Right on man! Good to see parents like yours that are willing to help out and show interest in something you enjoy and love. My old man is the same. I grew up around muscle as did he, so it will always be in our blood. Good luck with the transformations with the car buddy!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Right on man! Good to see parents like yours that are willing to help out and show interest in something you enjoy and love. My old man is the same. I grew up around muscle as did he, so it will always be in our blood. Good luck with the transformations with the car buddy!
I was more surprised because he would always give me crap and call the car a POS and a waste of money and whatnot but when I told him I was selling it he started driving it to work everyday and admitted last night that he "likes the musclecar feel" it has
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kick *** bro!! Its always cool to hear about Father/Son projects like that! Now if I could only get my Dad to invest in my car we could be going 8s b4 long. lol
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Kick *** bro!! Its always cool to hear about Father/Son projects like that! Now if I could only get my Dad to invest in my car we could be going 8s b4 long. lol
Thanks Mike! And haha yep I don't think him investing in my Trans Am and C6 will ever end up in a 8 second car... To each is their own though. I'd be happy with an 11 second streetable car to be honest. I drool like a dog over the thought of a TTi C6 We'll see what happens when I'm out in the real world and not just doing bank internships