LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How can I tell? 1.5's or 1.6's

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How can I tell? 1.5's or 1.6's

A couple years ago I purchased the hot cam kit, I did'nt know it already had the gm roller rockers on it. Since I had a new set I went ahead and put them on, however the ones I have laying around are for the larger studs, 7/16 maybe and the ones in the kit may may be 3/8. the hot cam springs are no longer cuttin it so I upgraded springs n noticed the rockers had rubbed on the retainers, so......

they both look the same but does anybody know if a 1.5 will look that much different than a 1.6?

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no they will lock nearly identical ...measure the rocker from the fulcrom point both sides ...its the ratio ..for instance if the short side measure 1" the long side would measure 1.5 " inches ...making it a 1.5 rocker ...and most rockers are stamped with the ratio as well ..
Old 07-30-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ thats not right. the 1.6 rocker will have the pushrod closer to the fulcrum point. since you cant move the distance between the valve stem and the stud the "long" side will be the same no matter what the ratio is.
the part that changes the ratio is the relation to where the pushrod sits to the fulcrum point since the pushrod position can be changed.