LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BMR kmember anyone experience this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default BMR kmember anyone experience this problem?

I got a BMR kmember when my car had no engine in it and I swapped the kmember when I just wanted the car to be a roller.

The kmember went in no problem.

Then when I went to put the engine in, I pulled the kmember/front suspension out the bottom, put the engine on the kmember, and tried to put the whole setup back in the car. Basically a "engine in from the bottom" job.

For the life of me I could not get the back 2 kmember to frame bolts to go back in. But like I said they went in just fine when there was no engine in the car.

I then took weight off the kmember by undoing the motor mounts and putting the engine back on the hoist. With an a ton of difficulty I did get one of the rear bolts on. So 5 out of 6 bolts are in. But the last bolt is not even close to going in. It needs to go back and towards the "middle" of the car.

Anyone run into this before? I'm wondering about a lot of different approaches I could try:

1. Putting the transmission in (maybe that will shift some weight back and line it up).

2. Loosening some of the A arm bolts/nuts.

3. Try undoing the motor mounts again and using a jack or jacks.

/shrug
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My UMI k-member fit like dogshit. My buddy had to clearance some of the holes to get it to line up.

Quick Reply: BMR kmember anyone experience this problem?