LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

taking the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taking the plunge

so i just bought some otvc msd wires, coated race pacesetters and all the stuff needed with it (motor mounts, egr blockoff, extensions.)

i'm not going to do it myself, rather i'm going to go to my guy and watch as he does it / help out while he does it, so i am sure he won't be too hard pressed when it starts to get annoying.

car is a 96 z28 so i got flat o2 connectors, this is correct right? i bought 24" too. is that overkill, or do you think one 24 and one 12 would work? it doesn't matter cos they cost the same either way.

also, the pacesetter y will bolt right up to my loudmouth right? i don't want to have to go to the exhaust shop.

i'm so excited, i can't wait to get a tuneup and these headers put on.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your primary o2 sensor plugs are flat and your secondary o2s are square. The secondarys plug into the bungs near the catalytics converters, if youre not running cats you can get simulators or have them tuned out all together.

I've got different headers than you but I remember I did need 24" extensions for both my primary o2 sensors. Heck if they're the same price you might as well get 2 24-inchers to be safe, slack can always be looped and tied out of the way.

As for your y-pipe mating with your cat-back I'm not really sure. My hooker y-pipe was slightly too large to clamp down tightly on my SLP cat-back midpipe so Ihad to have them welded. But the Pacesetters might be a different story.

As for not trying to install your headers on your own, excellent choice, its a miserable job to do by yourself. It took a weekend and a case of beer for me to get it done even with help from a friend of mine.