LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

sputtering and cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sputtering and cutting out

well everyone i been posting on here like a month about it sputtering and dieing well i took it to the dealership cause i finally gave up on troubleshooting it on my own also was getting a check engine light ... well come to find out it was NOTHING with fuel issue my headers recently installed had backed themselves out and there was no seal on my exhaust it didnt sound like a exhaust leak to me but my buddy said it was i didnt hear it but he did ALSO come to find out shop that installed the headers when extending the o2 sensor stretched the wire right next to the header causing it to heat up and melt it and tada rough idle and breaking up
Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam95Maro
well everyone i been posting on here like a month about it sputtering and dieing well i took it to the dealership cause i finally gave up on troubleshooting it on my own also was getting a check engine light ... well come to find out it was NOTHING with fuel issue my headers recently installed had backed themselves out and there was no seal on my exhaust it didnt sound like a exhaust leak to me but my buddy said it was i didnt hear it but he did ALSO come to find out shop that installed the headers when extending the o2 sensor stretched the wire right next to the header causing it to heat up and melt it and tada rough idle and breaking up
So...are you asking a question or just telling a story? i'm confused? lol
Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just telling a story haha sorry
Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam95Maro
just telling a story haha sorry
Haha it's cool, I just didnt know if you needed some help lol

Quick Reply: sputtering and cutting out