LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP! Found my vacuum leak. Just need help identifying the line.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Found my vacuum leak. Just need help identifying the line.

I found my vacuum leak. No wonder it took me a minute to find it!

The leak is underneath a 90 degree vacuum boot. Its out of sight and reach for any spray to get to it, which is why my idle wasn't objecting when i was spraying the area with WD40. But i stuck my fingers down underneath it, and it feels just like a bad radiator hose would feel, all soft and weak.

I have no idea what this vacuum line is called or what it goes to. It sits right below the vacuum fitting which feeds other lines back to the EGR. Its a decent size vacuum line shaped in a 90 degree angle. The line has a housing which is square (ish) and sits right on the bottom driver side of the intake. What sucks is that it looks like the boot is permanently attached to the housing. Outbound, there is a metal line which runs down the side of the intake, and around to the front of the block. I don't know where it hooks up to though. I would have to take the CAI off, and after that who knows what. I may take it off later and trace the line some more, but not while its close to a 100 degrees outside with no shade.

As i mentioned, it appears that the boot is permanently attached to the housing that attaches to the intake. Any advice on how to take it off/replace it, what this vacuum line is called, what it does and where i could find a replacement for the leaking 90 degree boot/vacuum line would be great. I am hoping that the local auto parts store has them, but without the name it wouldn't do much good. If the store doesn't have one and it doesn't permanently attach to the housing then i could find something that would work.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

That's your PCV valve and hose.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. I had to replace a PCV on a 89 TBI Silverado once, and it popped right out, as should this one too right?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It should be snug enough to prevent leaks, but should also be removed easily.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys! Now that i know what it is i was able to find it in my Haynes Manual. Feel kinda silly that its just my PCV after posting such a long thread about it..lol..but hey..guess that's why they call us newbs.

But I'm off to the parts store to see if they have what i need. Thanks for the quick responses guys!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

autozone part number 1107 should be
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea its should pull right out.

Quick Reply: HELP! Found my vacuum leak. Just need help identifying the line.