LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AS&M Header Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AS&M Header Review

I finally got the AS&M headers installed a few weeks ago and decided to give a review of them just incase people had questions. Getting the manifolds off was the hardest part of this whole job esp the passenger side. When taking the dipstick out (pain in the butt) make sure you unscrew the bolt holding it in, take a screw driver in between the bracket and the tube and hammer the back of the screw driver to getting out, . Once its out be sure to file/grind down the outside of the tube a little bit, this will make it slide into the block easier. Remove the starter pull the headers up and then reinstall dipstick before bolting the headers on. The rest of the car was cake.

The Headers really brought out power in the car it feels so much faster then it used to be. If you need to pass emission I would deffinately recommend these headers you won't be disappointed at all.

The sound of the GMMG after the headers is much fuller and deeper, it sounds really good. I also have a 3in/out high flow cat installed. There is some rasp though but even with the rasp it maintains the GMMG roar that it had with the manifolds.

Here's a video of the car idling with open y pipe, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNl8Hg_glPQ

I'll be sure to get one of the car running with the exhaust full connected. If you want any requests let me know before I make the video.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, finally a video with decent audio quality.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

sounds good congrats! what's the smoke up in the engine bay?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merim123
sounds good congrats! what's the smoke up in the engine bay?
The smoke is usually the residual ceramic coating burning off.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys I appreciate it Ill try to get up another video soon of it with the GMMG connected

Quick Reply: AS&M Header Review