LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So I got the gas tank out...braided lines? Charcoal Cannister?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I got the gas tank out...braided lines? Charcoal Cannister?

Well, my 95 Z project is taking longer than I expected and since the car hadn't been run in a year I didn't want the old gas sitting in it all winter. I couldn't siphon it, and since everything is pretty much gone back there anyway for the 12 bolt install I decided I would just pull it out and clean it up and check if the previous owner was lying to me about it having a new fuel pump.
Got it out and pretty sure it has a new fuel pump as a bunch of that plastic fuel hose came down as I pulled the tank. It appears whoever put the tank back in just cut the lines to the charcoal cannister to make installation easier. Got a kick out of that.
Now that it's down and cleaned and painted, I'm thinking about putting braided lines in, instead of the plastic ones which, I'm sure are fine, but strike me as a little thin and beat up looking, also looks as if someone cut them at one time as my line had a 2" piece of regular rubber fuel line spliced in there, unless they all have that. Plus I am already installing the Speed Inc kit that replaces the front with braided. So should I do the braided all the way up? I'm thinking I would run it along my sub-frame connectors then not have to route it by the driveshaft.

Also should I replace the lines and run the cannister or should I pull it out of there? I am running long tubes with no cat, so the car won't be emission legal anyway, since I don't have any tests I have to pass. Or will pulling out the system mess something else up?

If anyone has run braided lines I'd like to see pics to see how your ran/routed it.

Quick Reply: So I got the gas tank out...braided lines? Charcoal Cannister?