LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

f-body wheel hub

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-body wheel hub

someone jammed a rotor on the passenger side and i had to knock out the studs in order for the rotor to come off. i cant drive the studs back in straight with out the hub off the car> i thought 4 bolts in the backside held it on but it would not come off. so does it come off as just the hubb itself or do i have to take that whole assembley off of the control arm?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

It is only held on with four bolts. I recently took mine off and ruined both of them due to having to hammer them out. Depending on how long the hubs have been on the steering knuckles, the hub is in a very harsh environment so you are having to deal with rust/corrosion. Mine were the original so they felt like they were welded on.
Have you tried putting a stock lug nut on the stud to draw it in?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
It is only held on with four bolts. I recently took mine off and ruined both of them due to having to hammer them out. Depending on how long the hubs have been on the steering knuckles, the hub is in a very harsh environment so you are having to deal with rust/corrosion. Mine were the original so they felt like they were welded on.
Have you tried putting a stock lug nut on the stud to draw it in?
i have the same situation you had. but i did not do much beeting on it so i dint ruin it> and no i have not tried to use a lugnut. i can get the studs about halfway through the hole with the threads in it for the backside of the stud head
Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

I've never done it before, but have heard it is the most effective way to seat studs. Try it out. Better than trying to beat them into place.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I've never done it before, but have heard it is the most effective way to seat studs. Try it out. Better than trying to beat them into place.
Use wd40, a wide grade 8 washer so the lug wont dig into the hub surface and a grade 8 lug to do that.

Quick Reply: f-body wheel hub