LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code P0332 Knock sensor low input bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Code P0332 Knock sensor low input bank 2

Ok so I got my header welded back up and new plugs installed and I got 2 codes one of which was O2 sensor code P0133 and I know why I got that one (from the leaking header fouling it out), the other was this P0332 knock sensor low input code. I replaced the fouled out O2, cleared both codes and took it for a drive today. I did NOT get any check engine lights. I just decided to check for codes and there were none on my main screen but when I had the scanner check under the failed since cleared section I got this P0332 code that says knock sensor low input (bank 2). I have been searching but all I come up with are forum threads talking about 5.3 truck engines and that the sensor fails because of corrosion. Any Ideas why I am getting this on the old LT1?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Bump
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Camaro/Firebird received only 1 knock sensor. The B-Body and Corvette received 2 knock sensors. I would suspect that your base calibration is no longer a Camaro/Firebird, but a B-Body or Corvette and the "missing" knock sensor on bank 2 is causing the trouble code to set.

Verify that your calibration file is truely Camaro/Firebird (not just a Corvette tune with updated Camaro/Firebird VIN).
Old 11-22-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by S10Wildside
The Camaro/Firebird received only 1 knock sensor. The B-Body and Corvette received 2 knock sensors. I would suspect that your base calibration is no longer a Camaro/Firebird, but a B-Body or Corvette and the "missing" knock sensor on bank 2 is causing the trouble code to set.

Verify that your calibration file is truely Camaro/Firebird (not just a Corvette tune with updated Camaro/Firebird VIN).
I asked my tuner about it today and he said it is either a burned of bad wire or the knock sensor is bad. If I unplug the knock sensor and just idle it I should get another code right? and that code should specify which bank my single knock sensor actually is right? like a fault bank whatever?

Quick Reply: Code P0332 Knock sensor low input bank 2