LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 coolant overflow tank replacement???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 coolant overflow tank replacement???

Well I relocated my battery to the rear of the car and now I need some ideas on how to ditch my stock coolant overflow tank. My plans are to run a Y-pipe off my TB and then have 2 filters one on each side. More a less just like the driver side with any other CAI but I would have one on the passenger as well.... So in order for this to happen I need some ideas on removing the overflow tank and then ideas on how or what I should replace it with and where. Any thoughts would be great, thanks!!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used the $8 pepboys overflow tank.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh and i put it right next to my battery so it fits snug...although you relocated your battery, you should have plenty of room even with the dual intake setup. i would also put a guard in between the overflow tank and pass. intake filter incase for some reason you start overheating and the tank starts to overflow.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

heres what i did im running a bat up front still but its just a little guy.....

used a csr 1qt aluminum can with the csr mounting bracket.....looks pretty slick....

Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

quick95 that's a nice setup! everything looks so damn clean lol. what kind of intake mani is that?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

That is slick as **** quick95! Very clean looking engine bay. What do you all think about my idea? Do you think I would have better results with my LS1 lid setup that I have know vrs the 2 filters, one on each side with the under skirts ram air duct version that forces air to the filters????? I mean I already have the ls1 lid conversion done so it's not that big a deal but both sides look empty as **** know all though I do like what you did quick. Damn I love your car it looks identical to mine but you have more ponies, different hood and a better looking engine bay oh and your pulling the wheels lol! I love medium quasar blue! Very nice color and sort of rare with the black top!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1559
quick95 that's a nice setup! everything looks so damn clean lol. what kind of intake mani is that?
Thanks!!!..........Its a ported and converted Super Victor E EFI......

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
That is slick as **** quick95! Very clean looking engine bay. What do you all think about my idea? Do you think I would have better results with my LS1 lid setup that I have know vrs the 2 filters, one on each side with the under skirts ram air duct version that forces air to the filters????? I mean I already have the ls1 lid conversion done so it's not that big a deal but both sides look empty as **** know all though I do like what you did quick. Damn I love your car it looks identical to mine but you have more ponies, different hood and a better looking engine bay oh and your pulling the wheels lol! I love medium quasar blue! Very nice color and sort of rare with the black top!
Yea I like the LS1 lid setup i had good results using the FTP 104mm Lid with the CHRS1313 ram air setup.......I'd stick with that..........and thanks!!! you think that pic was clean wait till this year the motors out and i stripped down the egine bay and im simplifiying and painting and clearing......should look pretty sweet

Quick Reply: LT1 coolant overflow tank replacement???