LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Going Carburetor

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going Carburetor

I seen a few people talking about doing a carburetor on their lt1. I figured I would share my info on how I did it. I will still be running the computer for the opti. Im going to run vacuum to the map to control the timing. Heres a few pics, should be done tomorrow. Just have to do the throttle cable and run the fuel lines.

Gm lt1 intake with arp bolts I used a 1 3/8 expandable freeze plug to block off the distributor

Holley 750 HP

Aeromotive Universal Bypass Regulator

-8 fuel line, an fittings, fuel rail fitting adapters so I can still use my factory fuel lines

Fi gone, carb on

Old 04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

SRAY IT!! looks interesting
Old 04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not just drop a distributor in back and ditch the opti all together. Then the only thing you need then is either physical advance or run none at all.... might be a little easier...
Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you planning to get an air filter on it? Looks like you'll need to get an adjustable jet kit as removing the rear bowl will be a job.

Next time you have the fuel tank down, get a 13 pound fuel pump from an old throttle body injected 454 in there.

Al
Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by duh
why not just drop a distributor in back and ditch the opti all together. Then the only thing you need then is either physical advance or run none at all.... might be a little easier...
B/c I have had good luck with my opti. Later down the road I may put one in, or if I start having opti problems now, but for now Im going to give this way a try.

Originally Posted by Big Al
How are you planning to get an air filter on it? Looks like you'll need to get an adjustable jet kit as removing the rear bowl will be a job.

Next time you have the fuel tank down, get a 13 pound fuel pump from an old throttle body injected 454 in there.

Al

I plan to trim a little more to try and fit one on. If I cant Im not sure yet. Im going to pull the tank and sump it later, just didnt have the spare cash to do it now.

Quick Reply: Going Carburetor