LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dynaspark Opti any good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynaspark Opti any good.

Hey guys after some good news I may be just having to buy a new optispark. Anyways since my brand new GM unit from over a year ago has seemed to take a dump I was thinking of paying a little bit more if it will last a bit longer. Anyways I was wondering if anyone had bought the Dynaspark Opti. Since I am in way over budget on the car I might *** well keep going. So is that a good way to go or should i get another gm one or msd?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MSD - absolutely not. It provides zero benefit over a stock AC Delco optispark and is over $100 more. Maybe on a non-vented setup it would be worth it, but on an already-vented setup, no.

There have been several threads about the Dynaspark lately. Read carefully, then draw your own conclusions.

Also, before you go blaming the opti I would check on things like the optispark harness, coil, etc., before you spend money you possibly didn't have to.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96Formula6spd
...I was thinking of paying a little bit more if it will last a bit longer. Anyways I was wondering if anyone had bought the Dynaspark Opti.
I was thinking the same thing when I bought a Dynaspark back in 2009. Here's what happened: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ence-long.html
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what i have dug up and been told, the old dynaspark were good but the new ones are over priced pieces of do-do.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

hrm looks like ill got to another gm unit. May tear apart mine and see if anything is wrong with it. Btw coil is good, even tested with my brothers good one off his car.

Quick Reply: Dynaspark Opti any good.