LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT-SS intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-SS intake

where is the best place to guy the SS cold air itake system.. it curves up and sets on your intake ... looks to work great with SS hood... car is 1997 LT-1 Z28
Old 05-28-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayn_z
where is the best place to guy the SS cold air itake system.. it curves up and sets on your intake ... looks to work great with SS hood... car is 1997 LT-1 Z28
Not a good way to spend your cash.

The bends kill flow, and it sits on top of the hot intake. A CAI would be better for the money, and a lid even better then that.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Teching In

alright , i didnt know.. i just figured it work good with a functional SS hood with air flow.. im putting a 383stroker in the car now... what do you reccomend ? ?
i have just a K & N with the fat tube that goes down where the factory box is and the air filter goes up from the bottom and tightens on... i just hate fooling with it because no matter how good you have it on , it will eventually fall right back off...
Old 05-28-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are doing it wrong then. I had mine fall off once, since then I pay more attention when putting it back in. Using a ratchet on the clamp helps a lot.

I will agree it isn't in a great area, I can't wait til I'm actually motivated enough to attempt a lid swap, then hey the filter is right there! Probably would get serviced more often then or just replaced if conventional.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ss-intake.html
Same question has been asked on this thread, it's been dyno proven that there's no difference between the lt1 SS intake and aftermarket cold air intake systems. For the price you would pay for a lt1 SS intake it would only make sense to get a cai system because there's no performance upgrade in getting one. I have a real '96 SS and have had to buy 2 of these at over $300 a pop. I used a cai too for a short while but I've grown attached to my stock piece it just looks good when you pop the hood.