LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Little Help? A/C Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Help? A/C Q's

Does anybody have some ideas on what could be causing my dash vents to no longer supply air (aka BLOW) when running the a/c? I can switch to defroster and lower supplies, but the dash vents will not engage. I have a 95 Z28.

thanks!

Oh, I'm new to the website. I own (never drive, unfortunately) a pretty nice red '95 S/C LT1 that i've been the proud owner of for almost 13 years. trying to get her road ready again, she's been collecting a lot of dust over the years.

thanks for any help!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be a loss of vacuum to the flapper door. It is driven by engine vacuum. On the passenger side of the intake manifold there is a vacuum line that goes to a valve which then goes to the vacuum reserve canister in front of the passenger side wheel. Any breaks or disconnects in this line can make the door inoperable.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yup. You should be able to hear the vacuum sound by the passenger dash (behind glove box) when you turn the A/C on, before you even hear the fan motor turning. If all your lines under the hood check out fine, then try looking under and behind the glove box for any loose or disconnected lines. If I remember correctly, You should be able to see where the line connects to a nipple. Troubleshoot in that area turning switch on/off and disconnecting that hose to see if the door will open/shut.

Let us know what you find out.