LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please tell me I've figured this out....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please tell me I've figured this out....

I've had a huge problem with a stutter in my car happening only at operating temperature. Generally its while the car is at low rpm or under a load. I've tried everything I can think of: o2's, opti, plugs, wires, fuel filter and a couple of misc. sensors. Nothing worked. This problem started not long after I did my header swap and I'm wondering if it is connected to the air or egr removal. I just realized after tinkering around in my engine bay that my egr valve (the thing on the back of the intake manifold) is still on. I have a block off plate on the passenger side, however, I never took off the egr valve and blocked that off as well....could that be the cause of the issue? I also have a pcmforless tune that was supposed to negate air and egr if that could effect anything.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zdc590
I've had a huge problem with a stutter in my car happening only at operating temperature. Generally its while the car is at low rpm or under a load. I've tried everything I can think of: o2's, opti, plugs, wires, fuel filter and a couple of misc. sensors. Nothing worked. This problem started not long after I did my header swap and I'm wondering if it is connected to the air or egr removal. I just realized after tinkering around in my engine bay that my egr valve (the thing on the back of the intake manifold) is still on. I have a block off plate on the passenger side, however, I never took off the egr valve and blocked that off as well....could that be the cause of the issue? I also have a pcmforless tune that was supposed to negate air and egr if that could effect anything.
MAKE SURE the headers are not where near the frame.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
MAKE SURE the headers are not where near the frame.
From what I've seen and remember the headers fit very well and aren't really in contact with anything (plug wires included).
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zdc590
From what I've seen and remember the headers fit very well and aren't really in contact with anything (plug wires included).
ok, just re-read your thread. stutter, not vibration. better datalog it and see whats up on the tune. I mentioned the headers because when mine were barely hitting the frame, the car run like S. knock retard, etc...

Quick Reply: Please tell me I've figured this out....