LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

summit opti???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default summit opti???

has anyone tried one of these? just thinking of getting one to use until i finish building my new engine. plan to use a dynaspark after that. just think my opti is about to quit and dont want to spend the money a high priced one right now, but do want to keep mobile. current opti has over 100k on it and hasnt failed me yet, so i know its just a matter of time now... if you have tried one id like to know how it work for you and how does it compare to the GM opti?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk238
has anyone tried one of these? just thinking of getting one to use until i finish building my new engine. plan to use a dynaspark after that. just think my opti is about to quit and dont want to spend the money a high priced one right now, but do want to keep mobile. current opti has over 100k on it and hasnt failed me yet, so i know its just a matter of time now... if you have tried one id like to know how it work for you and how does it compare to the GM opti?
dont look at it as "just a matter of time." even with a a brand new one, its the same thing. its not a bad idea to have an extra sitting wating for a failure though.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought one from summit a long time ago. It lasted three years then I replaced it when I rebuilt my engine. I am sure you'll be fine.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so far so good with 2 units from chandler. great price and good units

Quick Reply: summit opti???