LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Computer for 92 vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer for 92 vette

My in law has a cherry 92 vette with 25k on the clock this year it's been giving him big ***** as it has been bucking on partial acceleration. He took it to the dealership and the already soaked him 2k for changing the injectors and shortly after he took it home the dash went dead as well as the car. they are claiming it's a new problem and that the computer is shot. even though they had a hard time reproducing the systems. anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong??

this is a bone stock car with nothing done to it just oil changes...
Old 07-04-2011, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess what I would have done is to go back to the dealer, have them hook up their tech2 and see if there are any codes. Secondly, 2k for injectors? That's at most a hour job to replace them and that means they are charging about a hundred dollars per injector. I would dispute that big time. The dash doesn't sound related though, sounds like they were working on the engine, not the interior, but I am only going on the information you supplied. The dealership should have contacted you before performing the work once the diagnosis was made, and given you the dollar amount, then obtained permission from you to proceed. Did they actually resolve the initial issue? Wish you the best of luck, and the best advise I can give you, is to learn about these cars on forums like these and several others and do your own work!!!!! If you don't want to do your own work, you are always at a shop's mercy good or bad, usually bad. With a car that is almost 20 years old, stuff will break, even if it only has 25k on it. If you don't want to work on it, trade it in on a new one, and use the warranty for them to do the work. Not trying to be mean, granted these cars are fun, but are a PITA to work on, and understanding them will help prevent what has just happened.

hth

andy schuck