LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some good help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some good help!

I've owned my 1995 buick roadmaster for the past few months with no problems, then just a couple of weeks ago I was sitting at a red light and my car died, so I got it to restart and move again, the days go by and it gets worst, now once it warms up it dies at idle no matter what. So I've done some work like new plugs and tested all my grounds from my PCM, but still it dies. Then today I went to go drive it and it will fire and start rough then die. I'm stumped, I need any ideas. Thanks in advance. Drew
Old 07-08-2011, 04:50 AM
11 Second Club

My car had similar symptoms when my ignition control module went bad. Pull it off and take it to your local auto parts store and let them check it...free test. Autozone told me it was ok, Oriellys said bad and Advanced said it was bad..... I think I paid like 80 bucks for the new one, also if that is the problem place some washer on the bolts to add a small gap for air flow. I don't know if the air flow thing is helping but what the hay free mod.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about an SES light? Got one? Check for trouble codes, it can be a great many things causing the problem how many miles? Has anything been replaced any mods?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Teching In

I'll get off today. I do not have a SES. It's not giving me any codes, it has 126xxxx miles on it, I've replaced the plugs, oil pressure sensor and the coolent temp sensor. Only mods are a cold air intake. It's a Minnesota car so it has rust