LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vortech v1 supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Vortech v1 supercharger

Ok guys so this week I'm gonna pick up a vortech v1 supercharger kit for my 1993 lt1 I was wondering if there was some pose I can get the mounting brackets from for it the kit has everything but those as it is coming off a custom project also how many lb injectors should I buy? I don't think stock will cut it but correct me if I'm wrong I only plan on running 6lbs of boost. All the mods my car has should be in my signature it's not much but it dynoed to 290 rwhp and 321 torque SAE corrected thanks !
Old 07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

42lb injectors minimum a better fuel pump and a spot on tune. I would also use a boost ref'd FPR and a wideband gauge..
Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

the general rule of thumb is 1lb/hr for every 10rwhp.
also fyi LT1's run higher pressure than ford so a 30lb SVO is really like a 36(?)lb/hr injector(correct me if im wrong anyone) but its def higher than 30.
not sure on the brackets, if you don't get a reply here, which some one will probably chime in soon, I'd post up the Q in the FI section.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
the general rule of thumb is 1lb/hr for every 10rwhp.
also fyi LT1's run higher pressure than ford so a 30lb SVO is really like a 36(?)lb/hr injector(correct me if im wrong anyone) but its def higher than 30.
not sure on the brackets, if you don't get a reply here, which some one will probably chime in soon, I'd post up the Q in the FI section.
Pretty far off - an SVO 30# on an LT1 is like 31.x.

Its actually been questioned if maybe the SVOs were still rated at the same psi as other injectors even though the cars they went into ran lower fuel pressure...I've seen flowbenches of SVO injectors running around their rated #'s at LT1 fuel pressures. There used to be massive discussions on the whole SVO injector thing, with line graphs and charts and everything of them flowed at different pressures.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Puck
Pretty far off - an SVO 30# on an LT1 is like 31.x.

Its actually been questioned if maybe the SVOs were still rated at the same psi as other injectors even though the cars they went into ran lower fuel pressure...I've seen flowbenches of SVO injectors running around their rated #'s at LT1 fuel pressures. There used to be massive discussions on the whole SVO injector thing, with line graphs and charts and everything of them flowed at different pressures.
then thanks for the correction! I've heard 36 on here and 34 from my machinist whos a ford guru but have never seen hard evidence produced, just knew it had to be slightly higher than 30lb w/ the pressure difference.

Quick Reply: Vortech v1 supercharger