LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2012 LTX Shootout!!!! Improvements? What would you like to see changed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default 2012 LTX Shootout!!!! Improvements? What would you like to see changed?

First off, I had a FREAKIN' blast! This is NOT a complaint thread by any means. Just want to get a few things out there while they are still fresh in my mind so I don't forget.

1. Car show. Can it be moved to later in the day on firday? I arrived at the hotel around check-in time on friday, and the judging was pretty much done. In order to enter into the show you'd probably have to arrive on thursday or really early friday (but then you wouldn't be able to check in). Did the hotel give a specific time slot to allow parking on the grass?

2. Impala SS's. I think they need a special class for heads-up stuff. There were a few in Modified N/A, and there's just no way in hell they could get down to fighting weight at 3075lbs. They showed up in force which is awesome, but a 4000lb car just isn't gonna hang with a 3000lb car when the motors are similar.

3. Afterparty. I was at Montana's which was a few hundred feet from the hotel. They have a sweet atrium area that we could reserve that holds at least 75-100 people. Service was very good and the food was excellent. Walked in at 6:45 and sat right down to eat. They have a big bar in there as well.

If you guys have anything to add just put it in here.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll second a new place for the after party, BWW has decent food but outside was not so good! I gotta say it is hard to beat a good ole parking lot party! Whatever is decided I'll be there for sure!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just have to do this..... Lets have it in Washington state!

J/K!

GHrewat Job Tony!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking the B-body guys should get there own class as well since they showed up in force. Only prob is im not sure how evenly matched they are but they did hang pretty good in some classes. I am always impressed with them.
Oh and we ended up at Montana's also. No space at BWW and it was way to hot to eat outside.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about the Car show. If you work and leave and have to drive over 8 hrs or more then you will miss it. I noticed most started showing up about 2-3 hrs after the show. It could have been 30-40 instead of less than 20. But the cars that were there were sweeeeeeet to say the least.

The Hotel was wicked nice, but the kids playing soccar in the hallways at 1-2am sucked for trying to sleep and my kids were freaked out. While on the subject of kids, my kids love cars and I take them with me everywhere we go. Maybe we can have a class the kids could judge and give a trophy to in the car show or something. I would be willing to sponcer it.

Last is maybe a grudge race in the becoming for guys in diffrent classes could line up or something to settles scores. I love underdog racing.

And thanks again for everything at the shootout, my kids and us all had a BLAST. We will see ya in a year.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

I posted on ltxtech about the b-body guys getting their own class. How about something like this...

B-Body P/A and B-Body N/A minimum weight of 3700lbs.

Need at least 8 cars in each class during pre-registration. If they don't fill the slots 2 weeks before the shootout, then they get incorporated into Mod and Extreme Street. I have a gut feeling that their are a lot of b-body guys that don't even bother to show up or even show any interest in the shootout because they know they have to compete against 3100lb F-bods.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to see the cars in all the classes keep getting faster, progression of the sport is key.

Outlaw cars= Low-Mid 8's
Mod Power Adder= Low 9's
Mod N/A= High 9's
Old 09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with all these things.... def want the b body guys to get some sort of break or own class jus dn what would work best yet.

To me the biggest thing is getting the car counts and the sponsorships up. Really the only people who know about this event are people involved with online forums. We need to branch out and get more racers and sponsors from other areas. Also i think we need some more dedicated people who rnt racing to help run the event. Its tough running a event and racing in it. Tony kyle and daren did a amazing job but its going to get to a point where it can be overwhelming for them
Old 09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeh the car show should be adjusted somehow. We had like 15 cars. I think that's the only reason I received a trophy

Hopefully next year I will actually race my car. That kind of took the fun out of it for me.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
. Tony kyle and daren did a amazing job but its going to get to a point where it can be overwhelming for them
It already is at that point! lmao! Very overwhelming to say the least. Many of you have no clue how much work, time, and energy is involved in this. Then tack on trying to race your own car during the event. Its tough.

As far as the afterparty, I wan't to apologize for the issues at BWW. We had a reservation for 50+ people. I even called the day before to make sure they still had us on the calendar. They were not at all ready for us and did not service us well. Stuck us outside in the heat, only had one waiter, took forever to get drinks and food.....etc. Total FAIL! Will not be going back to BWW.........EVER!

Moving the car show to later in the day Friday might be a good idea. Just can't make it too late because you need day light for a car show.

I have talked to the B-body guys in the past about setting up classes soley for them. Until they show more interest and more cars, we can't do it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
It already is at that point! lmao! Very overwhelming to say the least. Many of you have no clue how much work, time, and energy is involved in this. Then tack on trying to race your own car during the event. Its tough.

Exactly! i feel bad for you guys it must be sooo tough! hey when u get the sponsors for next year let me know who they are and i will make that flyer i tried to make for this year
Old 09-12-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
....I have talked to the B-body guys in the past about setting up classes soley for them. Until they show more interest and more cars, we can't do it.
I understand and agree 100%. We B-body guys need to get our attendance up before you'll get any lobbying for that
For those of us that do attend, it's still a great time being able to compete with SOME of the F-bodies. We enjoy the challenge
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I just have to do this..... Lets have it in Washington state!

J/K!

GHrewat Job Tony!
I second that!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I think some of the issues with the B-body's attendance is a lot of them just came back from the ISSCA Nats in mid august. Then the shootout was 1st of sept, and then there's the SSHS (southern super heavy shootout) in atlanta the 1st week in november. Personally for me, i don't get much time off, plus my car only runs a few weeks at a time, so i'm saving my car for SSHS so that it is in classes with cars just as big
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

How many LT1 cars were at the event that day?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtienut
I understand and agree 100%. We B-body guys need to get our attendance up before you'll get any lobbying for that
For those of us that do attend, it's still a great time being able to compete with SOME of the F-bodies. We enjoy the challenge
Thats why I said I didnt know how evenly matched you were. There was enough B-body's but the performance was so different between cars a heads up class wouldnt work.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
How many LT1 cars were at the event that day?
I'd say between 45 and 55. There were about 10 others that showed up but didn't race, they were spectators.

Quick Reply: 2012 LTX Shootout!!!! Improvements? What would you like to see changed?