LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting problems

Alright .... Every now and then my car wont start. Ill hear the starter clicking and thats it. I had the alternator checked and it was fine and I bought a new optima battery and it still wont start every once and a while. What could cause this....Im at the point where I just want to start replacing everything, but I dont want to start in the wrong area. Any ideas? Help? Thanks for any feedback I get.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Its your starter silonoid. It should be on the starter. You can either buy a remote siloniod or new starter.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Does it mostly do it when the car is up to temperature? Sounds like a starter is going south. If thats your cause do your self a favor and buy this to put on your new starter
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...oductId=761406.

It will help your starter life a long life, more so if you have long tubes
Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fafonfoe
Its your starter silonoid. It should be on the starter. You can either buy a remote siloniod or new starter.
I look into that remote solenoid. Not familiar with how that works tho.

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
Does it mostly do it when the car is up to temperature? Sounds like a starter is going south. If thats your cause do your self a favor and buy this to put on your new starter
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...oductId=761406.

It will help your starter life a long life, more so if you have long tubes
It does it mostly when its cold after its been sitting over night or for a whole work shift. I got shorties but I dont think heat is the issue because it starts fine after its been running
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fafonfoe
Here is some great advice! Right up there with "It's the Opti!" Adding a remote solenoid will do as much good as re-chroming your rear lug nuts. It wont do anything.

Al 95 Z28
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SoCalCal
I look into that remote solenoid. Not familiar with how that works tho.

It does it mostly when its cold after its been sitting over night or for a whole work shift. I got shorties but I dont think heat is the issue because it starts fine after its been running
Well the heat does the damage when car is running not when the starter is in use. does that make sense? Think of it this way, When happens when your in the sun all day with no sun screen on, you get burned but you dont notice it till later on after you cooled off and you wake up from a nap in the A/C and you try and move but your too burnt.

Quick Reply: Starting problems