LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pacesetter LTs/ORY+Flowmaster catback

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LTs/ORY+Flowmaster catback

I have installed a set of pacesetter longtubes and y pipe, and a flowmaster cat back and have a few clearance issues.
the driver side header is really close to the body and hits it on initial take off and when getting after it. and y pipe hanger will not match up with the stock hanger on the transmission mount. and the over the axle part of the cat back is also up on the body and has a terrible rumble at idle only.

any suggestions on how to get these bad boys in there with good clearance?

thanks
RD

1997 Camaro Z-28 M6
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'd replace the motor mounts if the headers are sagging. My passenger side header would rattle against my K-member at about 1400rpm. I used header wrap to pad where the primary would hit while I save up for some new mounts.

It also sounds like the over the axles pipe isn't sitting correctly and is rattling against the rear brace that sits above the panhard bar. Try moving it forward or repositioning it. You could also pad it with header wrap for a temporary fix.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

thanks alot!
i will definately try that, as soon as all this rain down south ceases.
as far as motor mounts go, is there any preference of the stock mounts vs the poly inserts?
i honestly dont want to spend 120 a piece for the whole mount. id rather spend the 75 on inserts if i can...
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

polly's will increase the amount of engine vibration you feel in the car. You will be able to tell it's running lol. It's not bad but you do feel the difference.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Autozone has the best prices on energy suspension poly mounts i could find. Its almost weird. I couldnt beat their price and delivery time on jegs, summit, ebay, or any other parts stores. Install wasnt the most fun, have drill and bit set ready. They are alot easier to do if youve got the stock manifolds off, and the new headers not in yet lol.

How is it not lineing up? is it to far back? Is it to far forward? What i normally do is leave the cat back hanging there. And most of the time the I pipe goes past the end of the y pipe, so you just mark with a sharpie, and hit it with the sawzall. If its not meeting up at all, thats a weird issue, need some pipe then.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trilkb
Autozone has the best prices on energy suspension poly mounts i could find. Its almost weird. I couldnt beat their price and delivery time on jegs, summit, ebay, or any other parts stores. Install wasnt the most fun, have drill and bit set ready. They are alot easier to do if youve got the stock manifolds off, and the new headers not in yet lol.

How is it not lineing up? is it to far back? Is it to far forward? What i normally do is leave the cat back hanging there. And most of the time the I pipe goes past the end of the y pipe, so you just mark with a sharpie, and hit it with the sawzall. If its not meeting up at all, thats a weird issue, need some pipe then.
it is about 1/4 in too low and 1/2 inch too far back
i will try that and see what happens.
never thought of autozone but ill check them out, thanks!

Quick Reply: Pacesetter LTs/ORY+Flowmaster catback