LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ppl who have done 98+ front end conversion on a firebird of formula

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question ppl who have done 98+ front end conversion on a firebird of formula

probably been asked a hundred times but i tried searching but couldnt find anything. Im doing a front end conversion on my 95 formula to a 98 and up firebird front end. There seems to be no harness for the fog lights on the front of the car. How did you end up wiring the fog lights? I see there is a plug in in the dash for the factory fog lights. I have a 98 firebird parts car im using for the swap also. Thanks
Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I did a trans am conversion to my 94 formula and mine had the fog light harness in the front of the car. I have not figured out how to get my fogs to turn on. I added a t/a dash cluster surround with the button and harness and I still do can't get the lights to turn on. The light on the button is lit but my fogs will not turn on.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to rewire the headlight plugs from LT1 style to LS1 style (I hard wired them because I didn't have the LS1 harness side plug).

I had the Trans Am front end on mine. I never wired the fog lights up but you have two options.
Wire them as you would with aftermarket fog lights (battery/other power source to a switch inside the car) or something like this (day time running lights):
http://www.allpar.com/fix/electrical/DRLs.html

Don't forget all the brackets, bumper support & foam, and inner wheel wells from the donor car... I had to make all my brackets and it wasn't fun.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, yeah i have all the brackets and stuff off the parts car. Im gonna use the headlight harness from the parts car to wire the headlights. Has anyone spliced into the factory switch on the dash to run the fog lights? Also for wiring the headlights is it color code plug and play for splicing into the headlight harnesses to connect the new style connectors?

Quick Reply: ppl who have done 98+ front end conversion on a firebird of formula