LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation

I am preparing to do the 24x conversion this summer, and so I wanted to compile all the repin information spread out in multiple threads into one matrix.

This sheet defines where each LT1 wire goes to the LS1 PCM (1996/7 specific connectors underlined):

The only question I have not been able to resolve if it is possible to run and EVAP system with the 24x conversion, so I have this marked in red. Everything else I have notes on comes from S10Wildside and other LS1Tech Members. If the LS1 PCM cannot run the LT1 EVAP system, can the LS1 EVAP system be retrofit?

24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation-ccynr.png

This shows the wiring which will need to be added to the LT1 Harness and defines which LS1 F-Body stock connections will not be made.

24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation-dzn9d.png

I posted this since I could not find this information in one source anywhere, and thought it might save some other members a bit of legwork. Built using shbox's LT1 Pinouts, ls2.com LS1 Pinout and S10Wildside's matrix showing the interconnections, Excel zip attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
LT1 to LS1 Pinouts.zip (17.8 KB, 953 views)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Only thing i see i missing that could be added is a source to power your coils and best place to due so is off the biggest gauge pink wire off the c100 connector. Everything else looks pretty good and should help alot of people. I wired in my EVAP and AIR system system like you did since i still need it for emissions and hoping it works out.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

95mysticta,

On the C100 Connector, the best route is to reuse the previous wire used to power the LT1 coil right?

Regarding the AIR pump, I listed it as being removed, as the LS1 PCM cannot command the LT1 EGR, and without the EGR, the AIR pump does not do its job?

On the EVAP system, I would really like to see what our options are. My understanding is that the LS1 PCM is at least partially incompatible with the LT1 EVAP system. I really want to keep my EVAP system functional, and would like to know how to do this with the 24x conversion.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That is correct on the powering of your coils.

I would really like to keep my emissions intact but its just not going to happen. EGR is not compatible and EVAP is up in the air about making it work as know one has done it yet to report back. I will be wiring in my EVAP Purge to see if i can make it work as Mike from EFI said it looks compatible. Im leaving my Air pump hooked up and seeing if it will work.

This is the email i got back from Mike about emissions:

About EGR

I think you will have to install an LS1 EGR valve. We’ve never done it and it looks like a challenge because the LS1 EGR valve won’t fit on the LT1 manifold. You will need to lookup 1999-2000 LS1 F-Body schematics to get the EGR wiring.

EVAP Vent

One system uses a switch and the other system used a solenoid. They are not compatible. Again, ground we haven’t covered.

EVAP Purge

Both systems control a solenoid in the same way. From a harness standpoint they are compatible. Not sure what tuning, if any, will be required to keep this working as intended.

Coil Power

We use the 18ga coil power (and ICM) wire at connector C100 for the LS coils. It’s up to you how you want to rework your own harness.

Thank you,

Mike Noonan

EFI Connection, LLC

Owner and Harness Builder

http://www.eficonnection.com

814-566-0946
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Iat and ac

Thank you so much for all of this. This post helped me do all my 24x wiring.
I did however run into one issue that you should update this thread with. Red 57 on the ls1 pcm is a shared ground for the iat and a/c pressure sensor. This set me back a little getting it figured out, looked at stick ls1 wiring schematics to get it figured out.

Originally Posted by jahajazz
I am preparing to do the 24x conversion this summer, and so I wanted to compile all the repin information spread out in multiple threads into one matrix.

This sheet defines where each LT1 wire goes to the LS1 PCM (1996/7 specific connectors underlined):

The only question I have not been able to resolve if it is possible to run and EVAP system with the 24x conversion, so I have this marked in red. Everything else I have notes on comes from S10Wildside and other LS1Tech Members. If the LS1 PCM cannot run the LT1 EVAP system, can the LS1 EVAP system be retrofit?

This shows the wiring which will need to be added to the LT1 Harness and defines which LS1 F-Body stock connections will not be made.

I posted this since I could not find this information in one source anywhere, and thought it might save some other members a bit of legwork. Built using shbox's LT1 Pinouts, ls2.com LS1 Pinout and S10Wildside's matrix showing the interconnections, Excel zip attached.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These are the diagrams for the iat and ac pressure
Attached Thumbnails 24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation-115022d1199729649-ac-pressure-sensor-question-ac1.gif   24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation-135713d1213231136-99-02-schematics-engine-sensors.jpg  
Old 11-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Teching In

so how many people have made the swap to 24x

Quick Reply: 24x LT1 to LS1 Repin Compilation