LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pushrods help again lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pushrods help again lol

Hey guys do I haw to measure for what pushrods length I need or is their a certain size I can use. Lt1 motor 94 Camaro. Am installing LS7 lifters. 1.6 rockers please help. I've been pretty confused with this lately dealing with school and baseball. Thanks guys. Need to order the parts ASAP. Erring it all together In the next 2 weeks.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bm19
Hey guys do I haw to measure for what pushrods length I need or is their a certain size I can use. Lt1 motor 94 Camaro. Am installing LS7 lifters. 1.6 rockers please help. I've been pretty confused with this lately dealing with school and baseball. Thanks guys. Need to order the parts ASAP. Erring it all together In the next 2 weeks.
Honestly, if nothing has been done to the heads or block (mill/resurface) and if your running the stock head gasket size the pushrod length should not change with the LS7 lifters and your 1.7 rockers. Just use the stock length rods at 7.200".

More information is needed if you've done any mods like heads or cam before an accurate decision can be made on the PR length.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

no everything is completely stock... i did have the gasket replaced but im pretty sure they used the same size as stock..never asked for anything else...this was 3 years ago..would it be a good idea to change the head gaskets again? and does installing a cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, springs, guide plates require the heads to be removed? do i need a new timing chain with the cc503 or any other gaskets while i remove the front cover where the chain is ect?? thanks lol im an amateur haha
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bm19
no everything is completely stock... i did have the gasket replaced but im pretty sure they used the same size as stock..never asked for anything else...this was 3 years ago..would it be a good idea to change the head gaskets again? and does installing a cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, springs, guide plates require the heads to be removed? do i need a new timing chain with the cc503 or any other gaskets while i remove the front cover where the chain is ect?? thanks lol im an amateur haha
Don't change the gasket just cause you are unsure, it's not going to make that much of a difference, and odds are they used the stock felpro as well as if it's not broke don't fix it. Installing a cam does not require the heads to be removed. Search here and you will find ton's of writeups, but if you do go the cam route you will need to upgrade your springs and possibly your pushrods as well. Depending on how many miles you have on your current chain and it's condition you can likely reuse it, however since you have it out it's a good idea to update and once again search here as there are ton's of threads with suggestions on choising the right chain for your setup. The front cover will need to come off and it's best you replace all the gaskets while you have it off - WP, Opti, Crank and the timing cover gasket to block. The oil pan will have to be lowered (just the front) by loosening the bolts to get the timing cover out without tearing the front of the oil pan gasket. Keep asking and searching as there is a ton of knowledge to be had on this site.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

ok thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Pushrods help again lol