LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GMMG tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GMMG tips

I've seen some posts within threads before about where to get the gmmg tips, the wide oval ones, so I thought I'd open a thread to share some info on them. Again some people already know this but not everyone does.

The tips that GMMG sold with their catbacks from the beginning were actually made by a company called Stainless Specialties. When Vengeance started to sell the chambered system the same company made the tips for them. They still make these tips so if anyone is interested in them you can get them from them.

www.stainless-specialties.com

They are currently $159 plus about $20 to ship for the straight cut and $169 for the angle cut. The standard body length for the tips they sell are 11.5 inches but for the GMMG system they made them in a 10.5 inch total length which is an 8 inch body. They can make them smaller like that at no extra cost.

Just thought I'd share that info. I hope this helps some of those guys who want the tips but don't know where to get them.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Suscribed becasue I wanted the stright cut GMMG tips for my TD's several years ago.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I got their regular tips when I bought my exhaust. I was just never a big fan of the oval tips. Given those prices, it's kinda wild that the regular tips were included at no additional cost, while the oval tips were something like another 150 bucks.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add...the reason the wide oval tips are that much more is that they are custom fabbed. The other tips appear to just be stainless pipes that are angle cut. Not sure if they are polished but the ovals are. They are hand made and hand welded. I just got mine recently and they look sweet. I can't wait to get my trans in and then get the exhaust on with these tips.

Quick Reply: GMMG tips