LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fans won't turn on

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fans won't turn on

Fans will not turn on, they were programmed to turn on when the car starts. Fuse-able link from the power distribution block, wire had burned on it and I replaced the wire. Now the only way they turn on with when I flip the A/C on. On fan#2 I put the light tester on one of the pins it and it turns on. Getting power to both relays. Don't have a manual switch. Any suggestions????
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#cooling

But judging from the sound of it you've invented your own wiring to run them, so it's going to be very difficult for us to figure out the problem, not to mention your description is incredibly vague. With wiring you need to be as specific as possible in order to get the help you need.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only part of the wiring i replaced was the fuse-able link part. The rest of the wiring was kept the same. When I took my car to get Dyno tuned, the fans were set to turn on when the car turns on. I had a heater hose that busted and a fuse-able link over heated and burned. After both fixes I turn on the car and neither fan turns on until I turn on the A/C,that's when they turn on. Both relays are getting power (checked with light tester). I will check the sensors, Thanks for the info on the website

Quick Reply: Fans won't turn on