LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

High RPM Miss I've had for years that I can't figure out

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 weeks later and still no miss. Looks like it's finally fixed thanks to quick95lt1.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

After the race on the 23rd and some more street driving looks like a GM opti and a new set of wires fixed my issue, pullin hard to 7K now!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Had a random misfire. Sometimes it would not miss and others it would miss horribly. Replaced cap/rotor and it's not quite gone, but not half as bad as before. Going to venture down plug wire avenue again.

Taking a corner at speed for fun.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

As I said I would do several months ago, all ignition components were replaced. New coil, ICM, Delco cap/rotor, plugs/ wires. Things improved dramatically, but there was still a slight miss only in third gear between 6 and 7Krpm. New tank of gas and now the miss is gone. So I guess the same tank of gas had been in the car for this entire ordeal? I don't remember...
I was able to score some high quality wires from Firecore, thanks to the reference of the OP. The good thing about my buying experience is all communication was directly through the owner. The bad is he was pretty smarmy when it came to my request. Supposedly the OP's wires are the only (at least OTVC) LT1 wires he'd ever done and he admitted he hated making them. The times I talked to the owner and about every other sentence he kept insisting this would be the last set he would ever do for the LT1. Something about having to heat up the boots differently in order for them to seat correctly on the wire. The order was completed in a very timely manner, however the terminals for the coil wire were wrong. I called several times and left messages to no avail. Finally e-mailed stating I was no longer interested in the coil wire and how sorry their business practices were and all of the sudden, like magic I received several responses. The excuse was they are a "small company" and weren't in the office due to some event. K.. I had left several messages over a span of a few weeks. Whatever. So, just a word of warning, if you are referred to anyone about Firecore, call at your own risk. Perhaps he was bluffing when he said my set was the last he'd make. They are indeed quality wires, but the bullshit attitude isn't worth it.

Quick Reply: High RPM Miss I've had for years that I can't figure out