LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Having trouble tracking an oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble tracking an oil leak

Hey everyone,

I've had an oil leak dripping down from what seems like the passanger side of the block, and collecting oil at the torque converter dust cover.

So far In the past month I have changed the Rear Main seal: I went with the rubber one rather then teflon. As well as the oil pan gasket. Then I changed the intake manfiod gasket again to eliminate possibility of a leak out the rear; I used the right stuff for the rtv which was recommended by other forum members. Then I proceeded to changed the valve cover gaskets at the same time, which had definitley needed changing.

Now the only thing I hadn't technically changed myself was the rear main seal. That was done at a shop that I usually take my car to, if i dont have the time to work on it myself. Alas, my car still seems to leak in the same particular area: by the dust cover on the torque converter. The next thing I'm going to do is just wipe up some of the areas and attempt to trace the leak again.

Any Ideas of it maybe something else, or it just might be a seal that wasn't installed correctly. I will attempt later today to post a picture of the where the droplets are landing. Though I'm not sure if that will help or not. Any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oil pressure sending unit and/or associated fittings?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Oil pressure sending unit and/or associated fittings?
Are you speaking about dongle behind the manifold? or do I have that confused with the oil pressure switch. If thats it, then I had swapped that out already. What fittings should I look for?

Quick Reply: Having trouble tracking an oil leak