LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Injectors?

I am going to be doing a cam swap, LT4 ported intake, 1.6 roller rockers and maybe a head job. So I know that 93 LT1s have smaller injectors anyways, what injectors would be recommended for me to get some extra fuel going. Im not planning on getting too crazy in the future with this motor cuz eventually I would like to go to a LS. So which injectors, and also would a new pump be needed and which one? Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

You got LT4 heads too??? LT4 intake = LT4 heads only!!! With the mods your listing Stock injectors & a AFPR so you can bump up pressure if needed Ive got a set of 95 stock injectors if you want em cheap PM me That bein said with the list of mods you want You DONT need 3in duals LoL a 3in Corsa or Borla system will be enough!! Youll hurt output not sizing the exhaust system to your horsepower range 3in duals & a 4in single are for like 550+ horsepower applications IF your after a sound youll get your *** handed to you by a better thought out build! Prolly even a Honda lol If your gonna do a pump get the Racetronix 255lph with the hotwire kit from Racetronix Dont cheap out there.....
Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If anything I would think the LT4 intake flows LESS than your stocker and does so with worse distribution.
The LT4 intake got the later trapezoidal ports which are smaller than the rectangular 93 intake ports and the fuel rail crossover has a minor negative affect on flow and distribution.

In other words STOP everything till you begin to understand what is and is not an upgrade.

Oh and the LT4 intake has more material above the ports to seal to the taller port LT4 heads, this extra material interferes with the valvecover rail on the LT1 heads. If the intake is milled there to clear the LT1 heads, congratulations you just ruined any advantage the LT4 intake could have had.

This **** has been hammered on and covered over and over and over.............................................. .....

If you do the cam and such with as much care and thought as you have the other ideas you will be fine on stock injectors, if you actually manage to put something together that makes power then 30lbs are going to be more than enough even for a very well performing 350. On the fuel pump, if you find you need an upgrade Racetronix 255lph kit with wiring upgrade.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

you'll also need to tune for those larger injectors... and 93 tuning sucks!! takes a damn chip burner!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If anything I would think the LT4 intake flows LESS than your stocker and does so with worse distribution.
The LT4 intake got the later trapezoidal ports which are smaller than the rectangular 93 intake ports and the fuel rail crossover has a minor negative affect on flow and distribution.

In other words STOP everything till you begin to understand what is and is not an upgrade.

Oh and the LT4 intake has more material above the ports to seal to the taller port LT4 heads, this extra material interferes with the valvecover rail on the LT1 heads. If the intake is milled there to clear the LT1 heads, congratulations you just ruined any advantage the LT4 intake could have had.

This **** has been hammered on and covered over and over and over.............................................. .....

If you do the cam and such with as much care and thought as you have the other ideas you will be fine on stock injectors, if you actually manage to put something together that makes power then 30lbs are going to be more than enough even for a very well performing 350. On the fuel pump, if you find you need an upgrade Racetronix 255lph kit with wiring upgrade.
I'm not getting the heads. The LT4 intake was ported by the guy who did work at SAM. Dude had this setup on his making a lot of power. Took his motor apart selling me the internals. Has some ported LT4 heads I want bad but can't afford them ported by the guy who runs the head class at SAM, 2.08 awesome stuff. I know I have to do mail order tunes I think any information on that?
Old 09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

you do know the LT4 intake will not work with LT1 heads right... the port alignment is differant.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

LoL better read more on the difference between the LT1 & LT4 IF you cant afford those LT4 heads you better save up OR get your money back for the Intake & IF that guy was so damn good he woulda explained the difference & saved you some money!!!! 93 LT1s take a chip & youd be money ahead by doing other things if your gonna mod the car!! Like a 24X EFI system BUT if you already want an LSx Sell the car & find a blown LS1 & go 6.0L
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
LoL better read more on the difference between the LT1 & LT4 IF you cant afford those LT4 heads you better save up OR get your money back for the Intake & IF that guy was so damn good he woulda explained the difference & saved you some money!!!! 93 LT1s take a chip & youd be money ahead by doing other things if your gonna mod the car!! Like a 24X EFI system BUT if you already want an LSx Sell the car & find a blown LS1 & go 6.0L
Well I'm getting a Sweet deal on everything I'm still ahead custom grind cam 1.6 rr intake pushrods guide plates 4 and some change shipped
Old 09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the info btw
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

also, putting a ported intake on a stock port head is like trying to pick your nose with your entire fist... your biggest advantage is to port match... but also make sure your "custom grind" matches what your heads flow... ive seen alot of people stuff a gigantic cam in a little headed car and get mad because they didnt gain anything... also if that intake is included DO NOT USE IT!!! IT WILL NOT FIT!!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Cam is 236/244 555 576
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

thats a big cam for stock heads...
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by baycityrides
thats a big cam for stock heads...
I'm sure ima end up doing head work. I just did a cam swap in my hemi and noticed a huge difference without head work. I'm sure my LT heads could use some attention though. Got lots of shops I've looked at around Houston to do the work
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Better get those LT4 heads & do a forged 383 if you wanna have a street car with Manners!!! Just my 2 cents!! 236 is a little large for a street drivin 350 or 355 LTx! Now if you buy the complete pkg with the heads & do a 383 youll have a good combo & need more like a 36lb or so injector Depends on flywheel horsepower My 396 will be 600+ so Ive got 42lb injectors & AFPR to get me where I need to be Hope my ramblin helps ya
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pcmforless.com is where I got my mail order
Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Too much cam for a 350. You know most of the fastest 350s use cams under 230degrees and still turn to 7000rpm
If the kid from SAM knew what he was doing he wouldn't have sold you an LT4 intake separate from the heads, a ported matched set should be kept together.

Those kids from SAM do NOT get hired to do what they trained in because school doesn't teach you how to do things, it gives you a piece of paper. They might get hired by a race shop but that shop wont let them do what they trained on till they decide the kid can be completely retrained in how to do things the way they are done this century.

As a couple of us have said, the LT4 intake wont even botl to LT1 heads unless one of them is modified.

If the intake was heavily ported then it will likely create a lip where the head port is smaller than the intake.

Far as the SAM instructor, that is funny that you think that means something wonderful.

The cam for a ported LT4 head stroker is NOT the right cam for an LT1 head 350. I didn't see you say it was a stroker but I think I know the guy you are talking about.

What those of us with a clue see is you blindly buying the wrong parts because you think you got a good deal. Well when they are the wrong parts all you did was get screwed or screwing yourself.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Launching!

well since no one really answered his question, id run 30#ers just so you dont have to swap them out when you decide to do more mods, if your goin to stick with the lt1 heads port them, do up some decent valves and have some bowl work done, keeping the velocity high in the port is going to to help you on the cam and lack of inches, what ever heads you go with be it lt1 or lt4 be sure to run a .015 head gasket and maybe mill them down to get the compression as high as possible, one thing to remember is lt1's are **** from the factory and the piston can be in the hole as much as .040 which kills quench and makes that nice cam not so great, but it can ALL be done, have done it before. it may not be a torque monster but she will have a ring in her up top.

96capricemgr, seems to me you must know how to port a wicked head if your goin to call out SAM students, please continue explaining why they dont get hired and all that good stuff . . . .
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

^^^ Some Aftermarket heads can be done to LT1 or LT4
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Originally Posted by xrambbc
well since no one really answered his question,
Really seems it was answered in the second reply.

Originally Posted by DVS LT1
Wish I would have taken a picture of my LT4 intake manifold before it was ported... you are correct. The manifold's rectangular intake ports were TINY! I remember comparing them to the GM LT4 heads I had at the time and thinking they were way smaller. Not sure if that's b/c I had the GMPP intake vs. a production LT4 intake; its a moot point since the LT4 manifold as stated offers on real benefit.

Interesting about the LT4 intakes not clearing the LT1 heads. I seem to remember my building having to take a little off the edge of the runner base in order to clear the valve cover rail of my heads... mind you the heads were AFR LT4 castings. So not quite sure how taking some material off the edge would "ruin" any advantage. Isn't the advantage (for lack of better word) simply having more material to hog out? If you've already widened your port, who cares if any material on the outside gets shaved off.
Why the **** are you talking AFR heads here? It is GM LT1 heads that interfere with the valvecover rail.
The LT4 head ports are usually quoted at .1" taller than LT1, this means to port match the intake to them you need more material above the runner, that material is what interferes with GM LT1 head valve cover rails, milling off that material from the intake means there isn't material left to port match to a taller port head.

Anyone that sells a kid LT4 intake and a 236degree cam for an LT1 to me is either incompetent or shady. I am sure many of you will argue that it is the buyer's responsibility and while there is certainly truth there I think I remember seeing the build on forum and the guy trying to sell stuff on the forum. I thought the forum was for sharing experience and ideas and helping eachother not helping a fool and his money part.

Quick Reply: Which Injectors?