LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some advice on a header choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on a header choice

FYI I live in CA

So, the current set up I have is a shorty BBK header set up with cats in the stock locations. The dilemma I have is that both my cats are about to go out, well the first one is already dead. As well as my cat set up had been poorly welded when I had my headers put in. Now, what I'm planning to do is a new cat set up, which we will put in new piping to replace the current messed up one. As well as installing a true dual set up with magnaflow bullets with an x-pipe. The shop quoted me 1300 for the labor and parts for the set up. I trust the owner, hes my friends uncle.

What I'm wondering is if it would be better to just set up a LT set up with dual cats, that way I would be able to still pass sniffer, just not visual obviously. The shops I took my smog to have never looked under, I'm just worried about the sniffer.

Would it be the same or less price to put in a nice LT set up with cats, and gain more power then the set up I'm planning, or do I go the the true dual cat set up.

Any opinions?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you want some long tubes with the emissions stuff on them? I got some coated pacesetters I'm selling cheap.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noice
So you want some long tubes with the emissions stuff on them? I got some coated pacesetters I'm selling cheap.
how much? and do you have pics?

Quick Reply: Need some advice on a header choice