LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Shoebox, please help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoebox, please help me

Having some trouble, I've had a thread going about my new chandler opti and the problems that have recently arisen.

I ran through the opti and icm electrical test procedures on your site to find that the ground wire on the opti connector (also at the harness end) was reading .96 ohms.. Almost no ground.. So out of curiosity I checked ground to the intake mani, consistently .16 when not running. Though when running I had -1.15 to the block... The frame and body are reading 0ohms. I'm not sure what's going on here but it's something funky and I'm hoping you can help me out
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think he's at lunch, but I'd check the ground straps to the block or check for a chafed wire on the opti harness
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will find that Rob will tell you it is difficult to diagnose choppy idles, misfires, etc. - symptoms that can typically be attributed to a number of things - over the internet. I would reiterate a poorly connected/intermittent plug or plug wire. Check under the hood at night and look for any unusual arcing.

It's also unwise to call out specific members because you can discourage other people from chiming in with helpful advice.

And it's even more unwise to split your symptoms into 2 or 3 threads - makes it more confusing.

Quick Reply: Shoebox, please help me