LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What do you think of my next project?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What do you think of my next project?

I finally got my 24x tuned and now I am already craving a new setup now that I know someone can finally tune the old LT1. I dont have a specific HP number yet, but I want this thing to be nasty. I want to see peoples jaw drop when they find out its an LT1.

Both of my ideas are centered around a Victory Racing 396 forged shortblock. I am thinking of ditching the AI 200cc heads and going with their Trickflow 212cc heads with a matching cam. I havent done much research and know little about SR setups, but from what I gather, its used on a lot of high horsepower rides. More power with a SR setup and all the valvetrain upgrades?

The second is going the LT1boost route. I would keep my GM heads and slap a turbo on. The only thing is the kit I see that retains A/C is 5K. I would have to upgrade to a way better fuel system. This setup would probably make gobs of power. Its all the additional parts I know that Im gonna have to get. Ill have to decide if the price is worth the dyno numbers.

I already have all the boltons, itll be just deciding between the two. Right now Im leaning towards A/I heads and cam with a 396.

Last edited by ascastil; 08-05-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you think of my next project?