LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code 41 PCM help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 41 PCM help!

Hey guys so I hooked up my cars to a scan tool and it's throwing code 41 which means the PCM is telling the injectors to shut off.. I think I might of burnt out my PCM when I burnt out the icm. The car starts then dies.. Just out a new fuel pump in and the spark is fine nice bright blue. So does anyone know where I can get a new PCM with new proms so I can just plug it in and see if that's the problem..??
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DTC 41 - Ignition Control (IC) circuit (open circuit)

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the issue?
You probably need to bust out the manual and a multimeter
Old 10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fbody_brian
DTC 41 - Ignition Control (IC) circuit (open circuit)

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot the issue?
You probably need to bust out the manual and a multimeter
Looked in the manual checked voltage to the icm and I put a new coil on it cause it was just laying around.. I checked the spark by pulling a plug and seeing if it's getting spark and it is checked the grounds And I just put a new fuel pump also. Also checked the plugs that plug into the PCM there all getting power. The only thing that's kinda messed up is. On the icm I forgot which port it was but it's sa post to get 1-4 volts and it's getting 0.8 not even a full volt.. And it's not sending enough power to the injectors to pulse ate
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Banned

I had a ICM die and suspect it was from heat. I think the ICM is cheaper to replace than the ECM so u could start with that.
U could try resetting the ECM by pulling the fuse.
Check your local bone yard for replacement ECMs (u have an ECM not an PCM). Most are <$50. Send it to PCM 4 less for a tune - $200 & 11 day turn around. Or just send yours to them.
But the DTC 41 code says its in your ignition and unless u have a Chevy maintenance shop manual u wont know the the diagnose chart to pin it out.

cardo

Quick Reply: Code 41 PCM help!