LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Crank Pos Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Pos Sensor

Hey there. I finally got my 97 TA fixed. It ended up being the optispark. I just took it to a shop to get it fixed. While they had it, they found the plug on my crank pos sensor was bad. They replaced the plug and now my check engine light is on all the time with the code for the cps. I've been reading up and found that the only thing that the cps is used for is for misfire detection. I'm wondering if it's possible that the shop got the wires backwards. They had mentioned that they ran some test to try to figure out why the light was staying on. They found that the voltage was around 10 under some conditions (I'm not sure what the conditions were) and the computer was looking for -10 and that's probably why the light was on. I just want to know if this could be a possibility and if it would affect how the car would run. I haven't had any issues since I've gotten the car back. If this could be it and I couldn't really mess anything up too bad, I might try fixing it myself. Thanks for the help...

Quick Reply: Crank Pos Sensor