LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Novice needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novice needs some help

So I have a 73 chevy with a 350 and I have the option of buying a 350 out of a 96 camaro for super cheap. Ive never done an engine swap or rebuild before and want to know how hard this swap would be. Also more importantly I need to know how expensive this swap would be. Ideally Id like to run my Carter carb, eldlebrock intake efi distributor and long tube headers that I already have. I would be open to keeping the injection stuff if I could do that for cheaper.

I bought the 73 as a good beginner project but will the lt1 be too much?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be more than you're willing to bite off. Your old intake is not going to bolt on, there would be a lot of modifications to do, so you're better off buying the lt1 carb intake. Then maybe you can use the carter carb, unless it's not dual pattern, and yes you could also use your distributor with this intake. Will you be getting the accessories and drives too? If not, the lt1 doesn't have the same belt driven water pump your old motor uses, so driving your accessories can be tricky too. There's not enough info to say if your headers will work. What do you have? What size primaries, and what shape are they in the flange?

Quick Reply: Novice needs some help