LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help on a few issues. Help please 95 camaro z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on a few issues. Help please 95 camaro z28

Hey people well i recently got this new to me 1995 Camaro Z28. Has about 182321 miles to be exact. Well since i got a hold of it i have been fixing a few problems and finally got the engine running without any weird noises the only thing isi cant figure out these few issues.
1. Car is turned on and stays at a constant 1000 rpm through out the whole driving range.
2. Car runs fine at rpms around 2.5,3,4k but upon acceleration and idle it is very boggy and hesitant. Almost like it is missing a spark or something.
3. For some reason my fuel tank is dropped i guess? What do you all think

4. Some of my gauges do no work, including my coolant temp , my gas level (might have something to do with the tank), and my oil pressure sensor.

5. Last one. Im missing a line that goes from the evap can purge to the evap can. I also have a tube coming from the gas tank that was also not connected so i connected it to the purge sol. To get the fumes out of the gas tank. In also missing the line that goes from the evap purge to the vent. Heres a pic.

The last pic shows where its connected on the lower side of the sol. And the first pic.shows the 1 of the 3 gas lines thats not connected. Much help appreciated thanks alot!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Well just found out that it is connected right, so anyone have any input on the gauges?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Teching In

I can tell you the exact issue with the fuel gauge. The resistor for the fuel tank level sensor is either not grounded properly or broken all together. Your best bet is to replace the fuel tank sending unit all together and you can get it for around 220 at acdelcodirect.com. The oil pressure sending unit is located on the back of the intake and is kind of a bitch to get to. But that is what would cause an issue with that gauge. And there are two gauges for the coolant (one for the gauge one for the computer) and they are located on the water pump and on the left hand side of the engine block right below the exhaust manifold. One of them is bad. Someone probably tried to drop the gas tank to fix the sending unit but either gave up or couldn't fix it. Good luck

Quick Reply: Need help on a few issues. Help please 95 camaro z28