LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Extending seat tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Extending seat tracks?

Alright, in order to fit in my Camaro comfertably, i need to either extend the seat tracks back a bit, or find some way of moving them back. I know they are attatched via studs through the floor pan... and I''m not really interested in cutting them off/re-welding them. I also have a bit of a height problem, as its difficult to fit in the car with a helmet on. I would get aftermarket seats, but I'm not willing to shell out the money at this time. I don't use the back seats at all, other than for junk. i'll proibably delete them in the near future, so leg room in the back isn't an issue.

Any solutions to this? I would like at least another 2 inches or so. I currently ahve a power drivers seat, and its all the way down/back, with the back of the seat reclined quite a bit to be comfertable.

IT SUUUUUCKS. Anybody have a solution? And before someone asks... I'm really tall, and fat.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'9 myself and what I did was remove to stop on the seat so when you power back nothing stops the sliding track, then when I was comfortable I took a piece of metal I had and made a stop.

The only downside to this is I have broke a seat back on a hard launch and when it came down it broke.

Quick Reply: Extending seat tracks?