LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 smoking now dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 smoking now dead

Hey guys. So I took my 95 out for a ride then after about 20 minutes it decided to start pouring smoke out the back and running rough. Luckily I was a block from home and limped it there and started to trouble shoot the best I can. I'm pretty sure the smoke is the unburnt fuel. Cylinder 7 drivers side rear is not firing I can feel the injector clicking removed injector plug and ran the same verifying that 7 isn't running. Removed the the next cylinder injector cable to make sure I wasn't feeling the transfer from that one also engine bogged down more so I'm 100 percent sure 7 isn't firing. I reseated the plug wire on both the opti and plug side. No help. I didn't pull the plug being Easter didn't have time. The plugs and wires are fairly new about a year old and 1-2k on them. They are routed fine also with heat sleves on them because of the long tubes.

The other weird thing is that it gets in this spot where it refuses to crank over it jolts but doesn't crank. The battery is fairly old in it and doesn't have the most cca left but cranks the car fine usually. I'm thinking this issue is just the battery but not sure. The opti only has about 20k on it too.

Any ideas suggestions would be great. Thanks

Quick Reply: lt1 smoking now dead