LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24X Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 24X Conversion

FINALLY!

After years of 'thinking about it', but always stopping when it came time to part with the coin, I pulled the trigger on the 24x conversion.

Everything is ordered and on the way, except the harness and that would be on the way, except the Card tapped out and I haven't had a chance to get to the bank. They close at 4:00... . So I gotta wait until tomorrow to get that heading this way.

So this week end, I will pull all of the gear I just put back on the front end, AGAIN.

But! THIS TIME, when it goes back on, it goes back sans Opti-spark. And let me say: I'm not a hater of the Opti... the only problems that they ever caused me, were created by me. I just felt like to maximize the investment of the new heads, the porting of the heads and intake and the much more aggressive cam, that the limited rev-range relevant to said spark, was gonna hold us back. With the new breathers opened up I'll be able to pull her into the badlands, beyond 7k.

PLUS! With the LS PCM, I can pull into just about anywhere with a dyno and have a shot at getting a real, live, honest to goodness tune.

FINALLY... we may be in the verge of something truly NASTY .

And that's nice... .
Old 08-28-2014, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In for the build details, pics, and results!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's about time buddy!

24x setup has sooooo many benefits over the stock PCM that it doesn't make sense to NOT run one for a big power NA build...the extra RPMs and ease of tuning are priceless.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hrcslam
In for the build details, pics, and results!
The build is fairly straightforward. It's a continuation of the stroker build. (I broke the 96Z and am transferring everything to a new chassis.): 396ci, forged internals, LE assembled & ported AFR 210s, LE ported LT4 Intake, LE spec'd cam (for the first time since I've been doing this I'm holding back on the cam spec... but, it's the most aggressive cam I've ever used.), putting the A/C back in... adding BRM Anti-roll bar, Trak-pak control arm & sub-frame connectors. Plus the 24X conversion, of course.

Originally Posted by Puck
It's about time buddy!

24x setup has sooooo many benefits over the stock PCM that it doesn't make sense to NOT run one for a big power NA build...the extra RPMs and ease of tuning are priceless.
I know right?

I can't wait... .

Called Strange today for a 4.10 setup, putting the intoxicating 5.13s out to pasture. (Anyone looking for a set of Strange 5.13s, 40 Spline gun-drilled axles and a 5 series spool for a Dana, let me know, they're SICK on the street... 'the great equalizer'.)

Turns out I have to change everything but the housing and axle-tubes. But I put the A/C back in and that means more cruisin' coming up. And it would be nice to not spend over a hundred bucks in gas, just driving to Bradenton and back, from Naples... .

Last edited by OVA1; 08-28-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Does anyone know if an LS MAF is needed or preferred for the 24X conversion? I'm currently using the Granitelli LT MAF.

Also... on the tune, who does the best job on startup conversion tunes?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
The build is fairly straightforward. It's a continuation of the stroker build. (I broke the 96Z and am transferring everything to a new chassis.): 396ci, forged internals, LE assembled & ported AFR 210s, LE ported LT4 Intake, LE spec'd cam (for the first time since I've been doing this I'm holding back on the cam spec... but, it's the most aggressive cam I've ever used.), putting the A/C back in... adding BRM Anti-roll bar, Trak-pak control arm & sub-frame connectors. Plus the 24X conversion, of course.

I know right?

I can't wait... .

Called Strange today for a 4.10 setup, putting the intoxicating 5.13s out to pasture. (Anyone looking for a set of Strange 5.13s, 40 Spline gun-drilled axles and a 5 series spool for a Dana, let me know, they're SICK on the street... 'the great equalizer'.)

Turns out I have to change everything but the housing and axle-tubes. But I put the A/C back in and that means more cruisin' coming up. And it would be nice to not spend over a hundred bucks in gas, just driving to Bradenton and back, from Naples... .
Based on the old baby cam, stock intake, and 5.13s, you should see some huge gains with a "real" cam, ported intake, 4.10s, and more RPM .
Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds good. im looking forward to the 24x conversion details as well

Quick Reply: 24X Conversion