LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 starting issue

I have a 94 Formula M6 with 69K and have recently been experiencing hard starts that require a little throttle fluttering to get the car going.

I recently (about 3 months ago) changed the intake, valve cover, and exhaust manifold gaskets. After doing so, i had a misfiring and sputtering issue that was being caused by my fuel injectors not sitting right. after a little adjusting on each the car seemed to run fine. I have also changed the Water pump and thermo, battery, a/c compressor, sensors, plugs, wires, ignition coil, and opti (yes its a delco) just over a year ago. Now there is this new issue almost out of nowhere. I go to turn the key, hear the fuel pump start then crank and crank and crank and for the first time (this morning) it stopped cranking and all i could hear was the starter motor. i originally thought it could have been a blocked throttle body but im now almost positive it is a fuel issue. I have read about people experiencing this problem due to a dieing fuel pump and i really hope it is that over that motherforging opti again...Any feedback is appriciated!

P.s. Yea i know, shoulda got an LS but dat Lt1 just sounds so damn good
Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

you really need to put a FP gauge on to see wtf the FP is. It screws onto the Schrader valve rear of fuel rail

..and pull the rubber elbow from the FPR after you do get it started and run for a minute, shut off and pull elbow...is there fuel inside it??

if so the FPR is bad

Quick Reply: Lt1 starting issue