LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help me guide him correctly

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
They didn't put a padded head rest behind your head? You should not be able to hit your head on the hoop.
What do you mean? I swap between a stock seat and a kirkey. I never put padding on the hoop but I do have some extra kicking around.

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
He wears it to bed as well. .. Lol jk

Not sure if you were being sarcastic about the car I posted having 60s but it's a serious motor and trans.it has a 24x conversion already too... tune it tune tune it...no opti junk.blah blah blah. ..it's a nice motor and with lt1s dwindling away you would be a fool to build one and waste all that money and time when you can buy one like I posted already in a car and only 4k miles. .. imo I wouldn't go after a lt1 fully built. ..I'd apply the $ toward a ls or buy a lt1 all ready to go. ..
The lt4 heads and intake are the only thing worth a dime from the description....which leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't even know what cam is in it. Maybe you should tell me why your old motor is worth a dime?

Originally Posted by 94FBIRD
True, I'm not worried about my 5 point. If you're wearing a seatbelt you'll be fine.
Ahhh ignorance.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:49 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What do you mean? I swap between a stock seat and a kirkey. I never put padding on the hoop but I do have some extra kicking around.
NHRA requires that padding on the hoop behind your head, next to your head on the side bar in the top connecting the front hoop (at the top of windshield), and a padded head rest welded to the main hoop behind your head, to keep your head from snapping back (below the main hoop) . Would not be a big deal to pad the passenger side as well. Mine goes down through the dash, but does not extend forward through the firewall. It is NHRA certified to 8.50. It won't run that fast. LOL
Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
NHRA requires that padding on the hoop behind your head, next to your head on the side bar in the top connecting the front hoop (at the top of windshield), and a padded head rest welded to the main hoop behind your head, to keep your head from snapping back (below the main hoop) . Would not be a big deal to pad the passenger side as well. Mine goes down through the dash, but does not extend forward through the firewall. It is NHRA certified to 8.50. It won't run that fast. LOL
I understand that, I thought you meant something about an actual headrest on the bar. I misunderstood you haha. I would certainly pad anywhere an occupant could contact the bar. I still would highly advise against driving a 6 or 10 point on the streets especially without a helmet. That would obviously be ridiculous. I just don't want people to put false trust in the padding being sufficient to prevent severe head and brain injury during an accident. They equipment is designed to work with a harness, helmet, and proper seat mounting. Removing any of these puts you at high risk for serious injury. That is merely my point.

Quick Reply: help me guide him correctly